Rules & Prizes
- You chose a rider a stage. You get that riders time for the stage and any points for KOM and Sprint (+ve or -ve).
- If the race has bonus time at sprint points these are also included.
- This time and points go towards your overall total. The person with the lowest time at the end of the competition wins, just like the real race.
- You can only chose a rider once during the competition. Once you have used Sparticus that's it, your ticket is punched for the Swiss Express.
- For a Team Time Trial (TTT) you still chose one rider and you get their time, not the team's time. Hence if a rider gets dropped by the team before the finish you will get their time when they cross the line.
- You can put all your tips in at the start, change them as you go, or put them in each night. Whatever rocks your boat, i don't mind what gets you off all i care about is that your tip is in by the stage start time. This start time is listed on your tip entry page.
- If you miss the cut-off, your rider doesnt start or doesnt finish the stage you will get a rider from the Default list. This list will be made up of the current UCI World Rankings seen here:
http://www.uci.ch/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MjExMw&LangId=1. Riders will be allocated from #1 down. There are some good riders there so if you are befallen by a crash rest assured you will probably still be in it, one gun rider down probably, but still in it. If you are given a default rider and they are the highest tipped rider for that stage you do not share in the stage winnings.
- You are allowed up to 5 default tips. Once you default tip the 6th time you are ejected from the competition and all winnings are forfeited.
- A default tip always trumps a future existing pick.
- Results are from the organising associations official website.
- Stage prize money is allocated at 1%of the total prize pool per stage. If there is not a unique winner of the stage (ie one tipper) then the monies accumulate until there is a unique winner of a stage.
- A stage winner is classified as the first uniquely tipped rider of the stage ie the rider may not necessarily win the stage.
The Prize Money
The prize breakdown is listed below:
- 25% 1st
- 10% 2nd
- 8% 3rd
- 6% 4th
- 4% 5th
- 3% 6th
- 2.5% 7th
- 2% 8th
- 1.5% 9th
- 1% 10th
- 21%for stage wins
- 1% last place
- 5% Sprint
- 5% KOM
- 5% Kitty/paypal expenses/sedatives/etc